The funny thing about doors is they both open and shut.
Over the past few years I’ve had some pretty amazing doors open, and by choosing to pass through these doors I have begun to discover who I am. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’m growing both older and wiser, or the fact that I have a pretty stellar support system waiting on me when I get home each night.
I thought that I would list the events in my life over the past 4 years that I never thought would happen, so here goes:
- I finally, and I mean finally, found a nice guy
- I bought a home
- I QUIT SMOKING!!
- I went back to school
- I’ve been on the EKU President’s List 3 times
- I became a vegan
- I registered as a Democrat (sorry, Mom)
- I ran a mile
- I ran a 5K
- I like tofu, brussel sprouts and sushi sans fish (fish are friends, not food)
- I stopped laying in the tanning bed (I’ve developed an awesome runner’s tan)
- I applied to the University of Kentucky Graduate School
- I’m set to graduate in DECEMBER!
How crazy is this list? For the first time in my life I feel like I stand for something. Today, I start this blog with the hope of sharing: my hopes, dreams, struggles, failures, thoughts, recipes, pictures & anything else that is part of my life. I hope you enjoy the blogs that follow this flagship; I hope that my opinions and perceptions of this world entertain you, and give you a glimpse into my journey as a human being.